Important Phone Numbers
- Call us at 915-532-3778 or toll-free 1-877-532-3778.
- Call center hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Time, excluding state approved holidays.
- Our staff consists of highly qualified and trained individuals, fluent in both English and Spanish.
- If you call after regular business, weekend, and holiday hours, El Paso Health will still answer your phone call.
- TTY Line for the Hearing Impaired, our toll-free TTY phone number is 1-855-532-3740 or 915-532-3740.
- Interpreter services are available. We also have interpreters who know sign language. Let us know at least two days before your doctor’s visit if you need this service.
- If your Medicaid or CHIP id card is lost or stolen, you can get a new one by calling us at 915-532-3778 or toll-free 1-877-532-3778.
- In the event of an emergency, please dial 911.
- You may Contact Provider Relations team for information or questions on benefits, claims, authorizations, and billing inquiries by calling 915-532-3778 or toll free at 1-877-532-3778.
- Sometimes you might need help with a personal or family problem. You can get behavioral health or substance abuse help when you need it. Behavioral Health Services are very private so you do not need the permission of your Primary Care Provider to get these services.
- The crisis line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A qualified and trained person, fluent in both English and Spanish, will be there to help you. Interpreter services are available if you need them. If you have an emergency or you need help, please call our crisis line toll-free.
- CRISIS Line STAR: 877-377-6147
- CRISIS Line CHIP: 877-377-6184
- In the event of an emergency, please dial (911)
- FIRSTCALL Medical Advice Infoline is for El Paso Health Members, provided at no-cost. When you call FIRSTCALL, you will receive immediate information to take care of your medical or health concerns.
- You can call anytime. The FIRSTCALL Medical Advice Infoline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Who will answer my call?
Your call will be answered by a nurse or pharmacist. The information is available in English or Spanish. Interpreter and TTY services are available. For interpreter please call (915-532-3778 or toll-free 1-877-532-3778). TTY Line for the Hearing Impaired, our toll-free TTY phone number is 1-855-532-3740 or 915-532-3740.
- Call the STAR Help Line at 1-800-964-2777, and ask to join El Paso Health today!
- CHIP is for children ages 18 and younger who are residents of Texas. If you need help, please call CHIP helpline at: 1-800-964-2777
- TTY line for the Hearing Impaired is available. TTY phone number is 711 or 1-800-735-2989.
- The helpline is open from Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central Time. They also have weekend coverage.
- You can get assistance with enrolling or changing your health plan.
- Call Access2Care toll-free at 1-844-572-8196 at least two workdays before your appointment or five days before the appointment if it is outside your county.
- NEMT and Where’s My Ride services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Access2Care toll free TTY phone number is 711.
- Access2Care interpreter services are available at 1-844-572-8196.
If you, as a member of the health plan, disagree with the health plan’s decision, you have the right to ask for a state fair hearing. You or your representative can call El Paso Health at 915-532-3778 or toll free at 1-877-532-3778. A Member Services Representative will be able to assist you on how to request an appeal.
You can learn more about the Fair Hearing Process here.
You can submit your request orally by calling El Paso Health at 915-532-3778 or
Toll-Free at 877-532-3778 and a Member Service Representative or a Member Advocate can help with your request. You also have the option to submit your request in writing either by mail or fax to:
El Paso Health
Attention: Complaints and Appeals Department
1145 Westmoreland Drive
El Paso, TX 79925
Fax: 915-298-7872 or Toll-Free: 877-298-7872
After exhausting El Paso Health’s Internal appeals process, you, your authorized representative or your Legally Authorized Representative (LAR) may contact El Paso Health’s Member Services Department or Member Advocate at 1-877-532-3778 to request an External Medical Review (EMR). An EMR is an optional, extra step you can take to get the case reviewed for free before the State Fair Hearing. You or your authorized representative or LAR cannot request only an External Medical Review. You can request either (1) an External Medical Review Hearing and a State Fair Hearing or (2) only a State Fair Hearing.
You can also contact us for status of External Medical Review or any questions regarding this process.