El Paso Health offers the First Steps program to expectant mothers enrolled in our health plan. First Steps makes sure you receive medical services to keep you and your unborn baby healthy. Our team wants to make sure you receive excellent prenatal care. This includes keeping contact with you and your doctor, pharmacies and hospitals, home health agencies and other community agencies.
We care about your health and the health of your unborn baby. We will address any needs that you may have. We will help you answer any questions.
The First Steps program offers:
- A nurse who helps with pregnancy related questions
- A nurse and/or social worker who can help coordinate prenatal care
- A nurse and/or social worker who can help coordinate social services, mental health services and provides referrals to community agencies
- Home visits by a case manager will be done if necessary
- A Monthly Prenatal Class/Baby Shower where we discuss:
- Medicaid and CHIP Perinatal benefits
- Information on Texas Health Steps
- Importance of Breastfeeding
- Nutrition During Pregnancy
- Prenatal Care
- Newborn care
- A gift to every member who attends our Prenatal Class/Baby Shower
We look forward to hearing from you! Call us today!
915-532-3778 or toll-free at 1-877- 532-3778