Texas Health Steps checkups help your child stay healthy. Checkups are for children from birth through age 20 who have Medicaid (STAR). These checkups help you and your doctor keep your child healthy. Your child should have a checkup even if he or she is not sick.
You can learn more about Texas Health Steps by calling toll-free 1-877-847-8377 (1-877-THSTEPS) or by visiting MyChildrensMedicaid.org.
Texas Health Steps gives children:
– Medical Checkups (Including Vaccines)
– Dental checkups
– Eye screening and glasses
– Hearing tests and hearing aids
These checkups will:
– Help make sure children are growing right.
– Help make sure children’s teeth are healthy.
– Help find problems early, if there are any.
– Tell parents what to expect as their child gets older.
Remember: Once your child turns six months old, he or she needs to see the dentist every six months for a dental checkup.
Below is a table that shows at what ages your child needs to see their doctor for a Texas Health Steps Checkup.
If your child has the STAR program with El Paso Health, don’t forget to take your child’s birthday reminder card when they see their doctor for a Texas Health Steps checkup. Your child can be entered in a raffle to win a $100 gift card from Walmart.