Here's how...

At El Paso Health, we want to help you apply for CHIP/Medicaid. To apply for CHIP/Medicaid, please visit or call 2-1-1- or 1-877-541-7905.

You can also stop by our office and we will be glad to assist you with the CHIP/Medicaid application. Here are our hours of operation and address:

El Paso Health
915-532-3778 or 1-877-532-3778
OPEN from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday
Application assistance from 8:00am to 3:00pm Monday thru Friday
1145 Westmoreland Dr.
El Paso, TX 79925

You can also get more information by visiting the How to Get Help website.

Who can qualify?

To qualify, a child must be:

  • Age 18 or younger ( some children up to 20 years of age may qualify for Medicaid)
  • A Texas resident
  • A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident

  Who can apply?

  • Any adult who lives more than half the time with an uninsured child may apply. This includes parents, stepparents, grandparents, other relatives, legal guardians, or adult brothers or sisters.
  • Anyone age 19 or younger who lives on their own can apply
  • A pregnant person of any age can apply for CHIP perinatal services for her unborn child or apply for Medicaid

STAR Helpline
Once you apply for Medicaid, you will get an enrollment package.
You will need to call the STAR Help Line at:

TTY 711 or 1-800-735-2989
Tell them you want El Paso Health as your health plan.

They are open from Monday-Friday 8a.m. to 8p.m. Central Time.

You can get assistance with enrolling or changing your health plan.

What if I am not a U.S. citizen or Legal Resident?
The citizenship or legal status of the parents is a question that is not asked. Only the child must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent legal resident in Texas to be considered for CHIP/Medicaid services.

We look forward to helping you! Call us today!
915-532-3778 or 1-877-532-3778

You can use the chart below to see if your child may qualify for CHIP or Medicaid services. Find your family size on the left. The chart shows the maximum monthly and annual income amount to qualify for either Medicaid or CHIP.